Subject: Circular regarding the safety measures at JPIS
As you know, some most unfortunate incidents occurred in other schools and reported in the media in recent past, have left us all shaken and tormented. It has raised many questions about the security arrangements provided by the schools during the school hours.
I would like to assure you that our school is safe and sound and we not only keep a tight vigil with the help of trained security staff and CCTV cameras but also keep reviewing the security arrangements regularly. I personally held a review meeting of teaching and non teaching staff to reinforce the measures taken by the school.
Here are the steps taken to ensure the safety of our students:-
- The security staff and number of guards have been increased.
- Each wash room would be closely supervised throughout the school day by attendants.
- The CCTV would cover the entry /exit of each washroom to monitor the movements
- School already has separate washrooms of support staff
- I personally have addressed the staff of Transport department and explained them the code of conduct.
- All the school buses are equipped with GPS, speed governors and first aid kits.
- Daily bus attendance is being taken by the bus in charge.
- Necessary steps have been taken for the police verification. However, the transport department maintained the record of each driver and conductor.
- In case of sudden change of the assigned driver and conductor for a particular route, the transport department would ensure that a duly verified person assigned the task.
I also would like to request you to please cooperate with school in the larger interest
- Please do not offer/allow mobile phone/smart phones to your child.
- Please do not provide bike/two wheeler to your child to commute. Instead , we request to please use the school transportation
- Always check the Almanac of your child and share your views
- Whenever you visit the school please also do carry the school passport issued with you
- Please meet the school staff on designated date/time with prior appointment.
We are constantly working towards the betterment of every student and shall continue to do so. I also request you to please do not get panic and discuss melancholic possibilities on any platform rather come forward as a community to ensure the safety of our children.
We sincerely hope that we all can work seamlessly and shall overcome from all challenges and avert any untoward incident in our school.
Thanking you for your sustained support.